There’s nothing I love more than making banana bread when I have a few ripe bananas in the kitchen. It’s a quick and easy solution and always delicious and satisfying next to my cup of coffee in the morning.
I made this following banana bread with a tropical twist and added some rum and coconut. It’s one of the most fragrant banana breads I ever made, super soft and tender, moist and simply divine. You will only need one bowl and a whisk in order to make it and everyone will love it!
Banana Bread with Rum and Coconut
For the banana bread:
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 50 grams (3 tablespoons) dark brown sugar
- 150 ml. (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. dark rum
- 3 large ripe banana mashed
- 180 grams (1 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 90 grams shredded coconut
- Sliced blanched almonds for decoration
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pans.
In a large bowl, whisk sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and rum until mixture is smooth.
Add mashed bananas and continue to mix with a spatula until incorporated.
Sift in the flour and baking powder, add the coconut and stir just until blended.
Transfer the batter into the pans, and sprinkle some sliced almonds over each cake.
Bake for about 35-45-minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool at room temperature and serve with powdered sugar.
- You can freeze the banana bread, wrapped well, for up to a month.
- Keep the banana bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serve at room temperature.
- You can add chocolate chips or crushed nuts to the batter.