Whenever I have bananas that are way too soft for eating – I make banana cake. It’s easy and only takes a few minutes and only one bowl.
This banana cake has also coconut and oats inside, and it’s soft, fragrant and the most delicious morning cake next to your cup of coffee.
Banana, Coconut and Oats Cake
24-26 cm round kugelhoff cake pan
2 large eggs
180 grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
120 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
200 ml. coconut milk
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
150 grams quick oats
10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
Icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan well.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, oil, coconut milk and mashed bananas until the mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, oatmeal and baking powder and stir just until the mixture is smooth. It is important to avoid over-processing of the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool 10 minutes at room temperature, turn on a serving plate and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.
- If you do not like cinnamon it can be omitted.