Gluten free and so easy to make dessert that’s also great for hosting: 3 layers of mascarpone cream, dark chocolate ganache and amarena cherries in one beautiful chocolate cherry parfait. It’s so delicious and such a great dessert idea for dinner parties.
Chocolate Amarena Cherry Parfait
For mascarpone cream:
- 375 ml. (1 1/2 cups) cold whipping cream
- 225 grams (1 pack) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp. sugar powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For dark chocolate ganache:
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- 100 grams amarena cherries chopped
- 2-3 whole amarena cherries to top each dessert
- A little grated dark chocolate
Mascarpone cream: in a bowl of a mixer whip cream, mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla until creamy and stable.
Transfer the cream into a pastry bag and pipe at the bottom of each cup to about 1/3 height.
Dark chocolate ganache: chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Add heavy cream and melt together in the microwave or over double boiler, until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Cool slightly at room temperature.
Pour 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate ganache on top of the cream and sprinkle with a little chopped cherries.
Pipe another layer of mascarpone cream, then another 1-2 teaspoons of ganache and so on to the top of the glass.
Garnish with whole Amarena cherries and chocolate and serve.
- The parfaits can be prepared a day or two in advance before serving.
- Keep the parfaits in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Amarena cherries can be bought in farmer's markets and delis.