I like making blondies and brownies. It’s one of the easiest desserts I can think of, and I really don’t know anyone who can’t mix a few ingredients and put in a pan. It’s easy to make, quick and the result is always super delicious.
These chocolate chip blondies require a bit more than usual, as they are added with candied almonds. The almonds add crunchiness and a delicious caramely flavors that combines just perfect with the peanut butter in the batter. The chocolate chips add sweet spots that reveal only after taking the first bite. These blondies are simply perfect!
If you like chocolate chips, peanut butter, caramel and almonds – these chocolate chip blondies with peanut butter and candied almonds are definitely your go-to dessert.
Chocolate Chip Blondies with Peanut Butter and Almonds
For candied almonds:
- 100 grams whole almonds
- 40 grams (4 tbsp.) sugar
For the chocolate chip blondies:
- 100 grams melted butter
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 125 grams smooth peanut butter
- 210 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 100 grams milk chocolate chips
Put almonds and sugar in a small pan and heat on high heat until sugar caramelizes and almonds are covered with a thin layer of caramel.
Transfer the caramelized almonds on a baking paper to cool at room temperature.
When set, coarsely chop caramelized almonds.
Chocolate chip blondies:
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl put butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and peanut butter and beat into a smooth mixture.
Add flour, baking powder, chopped chocolate and caramelized almond and fold using a spatula just until incorporated.
Pour the mixture into the pan, and smooth the top.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and set.
Cool completely at room temperature and cut into squares.
- Instead of almonds you can use any other kind of nut you like.
- You can use smooth or chunky peanut butter, according to personal taste.
- Instead of milk chocolate you can use white or dark chocolate.
- Keep the blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. You can freeze it for up to 3 weeks.