These chocolate and tahini cookies are so fudgy and chocolate-y no one will believe it contains no dairy or gluten! It’s super easy to make and absolutely delicious – kids will love them.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Tahini Cookies
Based on this recipe with some of my changes and adjustments
Servings 25 cookies
For the cookies:
- 240 grams (1 cup) raw tahini paste
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 150 grams dark chocolate coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl, mix tahini, sugar, vanilla, salt and egg until blended.
Add baking soda and cocoa powder and mix until dough is smooth.
Add about 3/4 amount of chopped chocolate into the dough and stir until it is incorporated.
Form walnut-sized balls and place on the tray.
Sprinkle the remaining chopped chocolate on each cookie and press lightly and gently.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies swell, crack and set at the edges, but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Keep in a sealed jar.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar up to a week.
- You can use almond butter instead of tahini.
- You can add some sesame seeds into the mixture.