Even though summer vacation was over about a month ago, it got a pretty serious extension this year thanks to Tishrei holidays. Actually, only next week things will get back to normal: kids will finally start school properly and there won’t be any more holiday vacations until Passover.
So, in these last few days of the holiday, here’s a nice thing to make with your kids. Healthy chocolate bites that are made from just 5 ingredients and are very easy to make and so delicious!
This is exactly the kind of recipe for healthy chocolate bites that you can always make, regardless of dieting (they are healthy, not low fat). They will make you feel a little healthier than making regular chocolate bites. Their taste is no less yummy (and even more, if you ask me), and they are really easy to make and simply perfect.
Healthy Chocolate Bites
For the chocolate bites:
- 500 grams pitted dates or date mass
- 100 grams whole wheat biscuits or Graham Crackers
- 100 grams melted chocolate
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Ground coconut
In a food processor with a steel blade, grind together dates and biscuits for a relatively uniform paste.
Add melted chocolate, coconut oil and salt and blend into a uniform mixture.
Roll small balls with your hands and dip in coconut for coating.
- Keep the chocolate bites in a closed container for up to two weeks.
- It is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can use milk chocolate in the same amount (though they’ll get non-vegan this way).