These bread rolls are perfect for dinner or making sandwiches and kids just love them! They are so easy to make, golden and so soft and fluffy you just can’t get enough 🙂 This bread rolls recipe is definitely a keeper, and the one you will make time and time again – guaranteed!
Honey and Milk Bread Rolls
For the rolls:
- 550 grams (3 3/4 cups + 3 tbsp.) bread flour or all-purpose blour
- 9 grams (2 tsp.) active dry yeast
- 340 ml. (1 1/3 cup) milk
- 65 grams (3 tbsp.) honey
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) soft butter
- 10 grams. (1 tbsp.) fine salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1-2 tsp. water
In a bowl of a mixer with dough hook put flour, yeast, milk, honey, butter and salt and knead for 10-12 minutes on medium speed.
Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in volume.
Divide the dough into 12-13 pieces about 90 grams each. Make a tight ball from each piece and put on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Use a sharp knife and cut two incisions on top of each roll. Cover and let rise until doubled the volume (this should take about 40-45 minutes).
Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
Mix egg and water and lightly brush the rolls.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Cool to room temperature and serve.
- You can freeze the bread rolls in a zip lock bag for up to a month.
- You can use maple or date syrup instead of honey.