If you like peanut butter and jelly together (and really – who doesn’t?) – these sandwich cookies are going to become one of your favorites. Two peanut butter sandwich cookies filled with jam that are so easy to make and kids love them. A delicious combination of flavors you can never go wrong with. YUM!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
For the peanut butter sandwich cookies:
- 240 grams (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
For the filling:
- Strawberry or raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In medium bowl put peanut butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder and flour and mix well just until dough is formed. It is important to avoid over-processing.
Using a spoon take small pieces of dough and roll into circles the size of a small walnut. Place on the pan.
Gently flatten the top of the cookies with your hands and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until they swell, crack slightly and set on the sides but still a little soft in the center.
Cool completely before filling.
Arrange the cookies in pairs and fill with strawberry or raspberry jam.
- Keep the sandwich cookies in a sealed jar for up to 4-5 days.
- You can fill the cookies with any kind of jam you like.
- You can use peanut butter with extra crunchy peanut chips for a more crunchy texture.
- All-purpose flour can be used instead of whole wheat flour.