I love my plain, ordinary weekdays routine. Whenever there’s a holiday coming, I get a little stressed by the fact my routine is about to change for a little while. Changes are nice, and holidays are something I truly like, but really – there’s nothing I like more than ordinary days, with no special events.
These following energy bars are packed with peanut butter and protein powder. It’s easy to make and would make a great snack before or after a workout or just in between meals. These peanut butter energy bars are healthy and so delicious you’ll wanna have them every day!
Peanut Butter Energy Bars
For the energy bars:
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) natural peanut butter
- 50 grams vanilla-flavored protein powder
- 100 grams (4 units) pitted dates
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) oatmeal
- 50 grams dark chocolate
In a food processor with a steel blade, put peanut butter, protein powder, dates and oats and process until a uniform, slightly sticky mixture is obtained.
With your hands, form small rectangular snacks about 4 x 5 cm in size.
Place the bars on a pan or a tray and freeze for 2-3 hours for stabilization.
Melt the chocolate and dip the bottom of each bar in some chocolate. Return to the freezer until set.
Decorate with a little melted chocolate at the top.
Return to the freezer for about 10 minutes and serve.
- Keep the energy bars in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- It is important to use natural peanut butter.
- If you don’t have protein powder you can omit it. You’ll get regular energy bars with no added protein. You may have to add a bit of oatmeal if the texture of the batter is too sticky.