One of my favorite fruits, which I don’t use in desserts as much I would like, is pear. It’s delicious, healthy and so refreshing, and combining it with other ingredients – spices or even chocolate – creates magic.
This pear oatmeal cake is so easy to make and is definitely a great treat for a fall weekend. Whole oats and pears make it absolutely delicious and it takes only a few minutes to make it.
Pear Oatmeal Cake
20*30 square pan
4 ripe pears
150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
3 large eggs
200 ml. (1 cup) coconut milk
80 grams (1/3 cup) melted coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
120 grams (1 cup) whole spelt flour
10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
75 grams (3/4 cup) whole oats
2-3 tbsp. light brown sugar
Icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- Peel the pears and cut them across into 2 parts. Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl whisk sugar, eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, salt and vanilla until blended.
- Add flour, Spelt flour, baking powder and oats and mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
- Arrange the pear halves on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with demerara sugar over the pears.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cake is golden, set and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, rather than cold.
- You can use plain milk instead of coconut milk the same amount.
- You can use any kind of vegetable oil instead of coconut oil.