Pistachio and strawberries make a great combo in desserts – in color just as in taste. The strawberry freshness goes just perfectly with the nuttiness of the pistachio, and their colors combine so well, making the dessert beautiful.
This pistachio cake roll combines three great flavors – pistachio cake filled with luscious ricotta cream and fresh strawberry cubes. If you like pistachio and strawberries – this cake roll will become one of your favorites. Delicious and easy dessert!
Pistachio Cake Roll with Ricotta Cream and Strawberries
One 30 cm long cake roll
For pistachio cake roll:
3 large eggs
100 grams sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 heaping tablespoon pistachio paste
Zest of 1/2 lemon
100 grams all-purpose flour
30 grams pistachio powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
For ricotta cream filling:
125 ml. heavy cream
150 grams ricotta cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
50 grams sugar powder
200-250 grams strawberries
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. brandy
Slightly toasted chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180c degrees and line oven pan lightly greased baking paper.
- Pistachio cake roll: in a mixer with a whipping-attachment put eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla and beat for 3-4 minutes until thick white foam.
- Add pistachio paste and lemon zest and continue beating until the mixture is uniform.
- Add in flour, pistachio powder and baking powder and fold into a uniform mixture.
- Spread the mixture on a baking oven with baking paper in an even layer.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool completely before filling.
- Prepare the strawberries: wash and remove the leaves. Keep about 5-6 whole strawberries for decoration.
- Cut the strawberries into cubes and put in a small bowl.
- Add in sugar and brandy and stir well. Leave at room temperature for about half an hour to absorb flavors.
- Ricotta Cream: whip heavy cream, ricotta, vanilla and powdered sugar until you get an airy, stable cream.
- Fill and roll: spread generous even layer of ricotta cream on the roll.
- Sprinkle over strawberry cubes (possible with a little syrup, but not too much).
- Roll tight, sprinkle a little powdered sugar, garnish with ricotta cream, strawberries and a little chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate and serve.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.