I love making chocolate chip cookies at home! It’s definitely the most common cookie in our cookie jar, and I simply can’t think of anyone who dislikes chocolate chip cookies. Not always I have time to cool the dough overnight or refrigerate it for long, so this is why I created this recipe.
These super easy and quick chocolate chip cookies take only 10 minutes to make, and go straight into the oven. In less than an hour you get the perfect cookie scent all over your kitchen and they are simply delicious and so chocolatey. If you like chocolate chip cookies – you just have to try this recipe.
Looking for more cookie recipe? Try these: Vegan tahini chocolate chip cookies | Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies with Almonds | Hazelnut Cookies with Coffee and Chocolate | Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the cookies:
- 100 grams soft butter
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) dark brown sugar
- 30 grams (3 tablespoons) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 210 grams (1 ½ cups) of all-purpose flour
- 200 grams of chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees.
In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment (it is also possible to use an electric hand mixer), place butter, dark brown sugar, sugar, salt and vanilla and mix on high speed until a fluffy mixture with a soft creamy texture is obtained.
Add in the egg and continue to mix until it is absorbed into the mixture.
Add baking soda, baking powder and flour and mix until large chunks of dough are obtained.
If using chocolate chips - add in and mix until the chocolate pieces are evenly distributed in the dough. If you use regular chocolate - chop into coarse pieces with a knife. Keep some of the chocolate aside.
Form 10-12 balls from the dough and place at intervals on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Garnish the top with a little more chocolate.
Bake for 12-17 minutes or until cookies are risen and golden. If smaller cookies are made, the baking time is shortened.
Cool slightly to room temperature and serve.
- The cookies are kept in an airtight jar for up to a week.
- You can freeze the cookies for up to a month. It is recommended to warm them a little before serving.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can use milk or white chocolate in the same amount.
- Gluten-free version: Use gluten free flour mix in the same amount instead of all-purpose flour.
- Dairy free version: Use 80 grams of coconut oil instead of butter. You can also use margarine or vegan butter in the same amount instead of the butter.