The following recipe is for one of my top favorite chocolate chip cookies – with a twist! Not only chocolate chip cookies, but also pistachios and sea salt – all together make these perfect chocolate chip cookies that are so delicious and addictive. You gotta try it!
Chocolate, Pistachio and Sea Salt Cookies
- Based on a recipe from Joy the Baker with my changes and adjustments.
100 grams (1 stick) soft butter
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
100 grams (1/2 packed cup) dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp. fine salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
175 (1 1/4 cups) grams all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
100 grams (1 cup) natural pistachios, coarsely chopped
150 grams (1 1/2 cups) dark chocolate chips
50 grams (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips
Atlantic sea salt for decoration
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter, white sugar, brown sugar, salt and vanilla until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and continue to blend the mixture until it is absorbed.
- Add flour, baking soda, pistachios, dark and milk chocolate chips and blend just until slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons create small mounds of dough and put on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Keep about 3-4 cm margin between the cookies. Gently flatten the top of the cookies with your hands.
- Sprinkle a bit of Atlantic sea salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until cookies get golden brown and set.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the chocolate chip cookies in a sealed jar at room temperature for up to a week.
- Instead of pistachios you can use any other type of nut you like.