Even though most of the time I would probably choose crispy chocolate chip cookies – I also would never mind having a few soft chocolate chip cookies. Soft chocolate chip cookies have a cake-y texture, they’re big and remind me of a muffin top texture-wise.
This soft chocolate chip recipe is so easy to make and kids love them. Perfect for Christmas or even if you just want to bake something yummy and easy.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
100 grams (3/4 stick) butter, at room temperature
200 grams (1 cup) sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large egg
200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
30 ml. (2 tbsp.) milk
280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
125 grams (1 1/4 cups) almond meal
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
200 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180c degrees and line trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment, place butter, sugar, vanilla and salt and blend at high speed until the mixture is creamy and light.
- Add egg and blend well until it is incorporated in the batter.
- Add cream and milk and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Add flour, almonds, baking soda, baking powder and chopped chocolate and mix until you get a slightly sticky dough.
- Using 2 teaspoons (or an ice cream scoop) form mounds of dough and place on a baking tray.
- Gently lever the top with your hands.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and store in a sealed box.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed box up to a week.
- You can use dark chocolate, milk or white and combine between the different kinds.
- You can add nuts or any other addition you like.