Chocolate and tahini are one of the best combinations in desserts to my taste. This chocolate cake roll is filled with tahini cream and is easy to make, sweet and so delicious.
Tahini Chocolate Cake Roll
30 cm chocolate cake roll
For chocolate cake roll:
3 large eggs at room tepmperature
Pinch of salt
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
15 ml. (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour (see notes for gluten free version)
30 grams (3 tbsp.) cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
For Tahini cream:
250 ml. heavy cream
1 tbsp. raw tahini paste
1 tbsp. honey or date syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cream stabilizer or instant vanilla pudding mix
For chocolate coating:
150 grams dark chocolate
160 ml. (2/3 cup) heavy cream
- Chocolate Roll: preheat oven to 170c degrees and line a baking tray with lightly greased baking paper.
- In an electric mixer bowl whip eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla on high speed until you get a very fluffy and bright mixture.
- Add oil, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and fold gently until mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter onto the pan, and spread it evenly on the pan using a spatula.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Turn the roll onto a clean surface and separates the baking paper.
- Tahini cream: in a bowl of an electric mixer with whipping attachment whip cream, tahini, honey, vanilla and cream stabilizer until stable cream is formed.
- Pour the cream over the roll and spread to a thin layer.
- Roll tightly.
- Chocolate coating: chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
- Add heavy cream and melt together in the microwave or over double boiler, until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate coating over the Swiss roll in a thin layer.
- Cool in the refrigerator in a closed container for about 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, decorate with crushed halva.
- Keep the roll in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- You can add some chopped nuts to the filling for extra crunch.
- You can decorate the rolls with grated chocolate.
- Gluten free version: instead of flour, use 35 grams almond meal and 35 grams cornstarch.