In the heat of the summer, the last thing I want is to turn on the oven or stove, so I find myself making mostly cakes and desserts that require no baking: homemade popsicles, easy no-bake cakes and all kinds of quick snacks. Just like this next recipe – the easiest chocolate truffles, that are the most quick and easy you can ever make (and, also, it doesn’t mess up the whole kitchen!).
How do you make truffles without making a huge mess in the kitchen? Thanks to these two tricks:
- Freeze the truffles in a mini silicone hemisphere-shaped (or any other shape for that matter) mold. I used this silicon pan.
- Coat the truffles by shaking them in a box with some cocoa powder (while still frozen).
After you make the easiest chocolate truffles using this recipe in this way; I have no doubt you’ll fall in love and never gp back to rolling it with your hands. These are super easy and super delicious, even kids will love making them together.
The Easiest Chocolate Truffles in the World
For the chocolate truffles:
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 125 ml. whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
Add cream and salt and dissolve together in microwave or over double steam pan. Mix well until a uniform and shiny mixture is obtained.
Pour the mixture into a silicone mold and straighten.
Freeze for 2-3 hours until completely set.
Remove from the mold, place in a box with cocoa and shake for a few moments to coat the truffles.
- The truffles are kept in a sealed container in the freezer for up to a month.
- For a vegan/ dairy free version: use the same amount of coconut cream instead of the whipping cream.
- It is important not to omit the salt because it balances the sweetness and pops the chocolate flavors.
- Instead of cocoa you can cover the truffles with coconut, ground nuts, Funfetti and so on according to your personal taste.