Chocolate chip cookies are my top favorite cookies, and whenever I need to make cookies for a special occasion or as a sweet gift – I make these. It’s a little moist, super chocolate-y and rich, and this is the ultimate best chocolate chip cookie recipe – guaranteed!
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Based on a recipe as was published in what's for dinner with some changes.
For the cookies:
- 200 grams (1 3/4 stick) soft butter
- 300 grams (1 1/2 cups) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 280 grams (2c cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 200 grams (2 cups) whole oats
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) chocolate chips
- 100 grams (1 cup) chopped nuts
In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, put butter, sugar, salt and vanilla and whip until mixture is creamy and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, while mixing between additions, until mixture is smooth.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats, chocolate and nuts and continue to mix just until dough is formed.
Using 2 spoons or an ice cream scoop create cookies and put on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to a week.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to a month in a sealed bag.
- You can use dark, white or milk chocolate chips.