Crème Brulee is a traditional French dessert I really like to make at home. It only takes 4 ingredients and very easily you get a great dessert that everyone love.
Vanilla Crème Brulee
Servings 4 servings
- 375 ml. (1 1/2 cups) heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean split and grated
- 4 large egg yolks
- 60 grams (6 tbsp.) sugar
- Sugar for burning
Preheat oven to 140c degrees, and place a tin with boiling water on the oven floor.
Put heavy cream, sugar and vanilla beans in a medium saucepan and heat to a boil.
Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl.
After the cream mixture has reached a boil, drain it and pour about 1/3 amount of cream to the yolks while whisking (in order to avoid coagulation). Then blend in the remaining cream.
Let the mixture stand for about a minute, so the foam formed during maddened rise up. Skim off the foam (remove it using a spatula or spoon) and transfer to your baking molds.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cream is set at the edges but slightly soft in the center. Cool completely in the refrigerator.
Burn and serve: put some sugar over each creme brulee and burn with your torch until the sugar is caramelized. Serve immediately.
- You can keep the crème brulee (before burning) wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze it up to one month.
- For nondairy version - use coconut cream instead of heavy cream in the same amount.