Chocolate and cherries is such a great combo in desserts. The sweetness of the cherries goes perfectly with the bitterness of the chocolate, and creates a great taste together.
This chocolate and cherry pie is vegan, gluten free, requires no baking and so easy to make. You’re simply gonna love it!
Vegan Chocolate and Cherry Pie
24 cm round pie pan
For the crust:
250 grams nuts (any kind you like)
200 grams date-spread
50 grams dark chocolate chips
20 grams (2 tbsp.) cocoa powder
50 grams (1/2 cup) oats (or coconut for gluten free version)
Pinch of salt
For the chocolate cream:
150 grams dark chocolate 60% cocoa solids
150 grams coconut cream (at least 17% fat)
- Crust: in a food processor with a steel blade, place nuts, date-spread chocolate, cocoa powder, oats and salt and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too soft – add another 20-30 grams of nuts.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and press down to the base and sides to form a crust.
- Cool in the freezer for about an hour.
- Chocolate cream: chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
- Add coconut cream and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler, until everything is melted and the mixture is uniform.
- Pour the chocolate cream into the cold crust and straighten the top.
- Cool in the freezer for about 30 minutes for the cream to set.
- Remove the pie from the pan, decorate with fresh cherries on top and serve.
- You can use any type of nuts you like.
- It is important to work with cold coconut cream and use only the hardened part.
- Instead of cherries you can decorate the pie with any other fruit you love.
- Keep the pie in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.