There’s nothing like fruity dessert in the summer, and when it’s served with ice cream it’s simply a treat. This vegan grapes and cinnamon crumble is so easy to make and is the perfect dessert in the summer if you serve it hot with a little ice cream.
Vegan Grapes and Cinnamon Crumble
24-26 cm round baking pan
For the fruit:
1 kg. green and red grapes
For the crumble:
210 grams (1 1/2 cups + 3 tbsp.) whole Spelt flour
100 grams (1 cup) whole oats
50 grams (1/4 cup) light brown sugar
75 grams (1/3 cup) coconut oil
2 tbsp. amaretto liqueur or brandy
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180c degrees and grease the pan with a little coconut oil.
- Sprinkle the grapes in the baking pan. They are supposed to fill the pan up to 3/4 of its height.
- Crumble: in a bowl, mix flour, oats, sugar, coconut oil, liqueur and cinnamon with your hands until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the grapes layer.
- Spread some almonds sliced evenly over the crumble.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle sugar powder generously and serve hot with ice cream.
- It is recommended to serve the crumble warm.
- You can use any fruit you like instead of grapes and combine different types.
- Instead of whole wheat flour, you can use plain white flour in the same amount.
- Instead of light brown sugar, you can use regular white sugar in the same amount.