Vegan Banana Pancakes
makes 12-15 small pancakes
For the pancakes:
120-150 grams, mashed
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy milk or almond milk
3/4 cup all purpose flour or oat flour
In a bowl place the mashed banana, sugar, salt, oil and milk and whisk to a uniform batter.
Add in the flour and baking powder and mix well until incorporated.
Heat a frying pan over a medium flame and grease with a little oil.
Using a spoon form small pancakes and fry on one side until small bubbles starts to form at the top. Turn and continue to fry the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving plate, stack in a nice pile and drizzle some maple syrup when serving.
- You can use any plant-based milk you like: almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, hazelnut milk, etc.
- Gluten-free version: Use gluten free flour mix.
- Instead of white sugar you can use brown sugar.
- Serve the pancakes as soon as they are done and fresh from the pan.
- Love cinnamon? Feel free to add ½-1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter.
- You can add some chocolate chips to the batter in order to get chocolate chip banana pancakes.