Why choose between cheesecake and brownies when you can combine both? These chocolate cheesecake brownies are perfect for those of you who prefer not to make a decision – delicious chocolate brownies with cheesecake swirl that is so easy to make!
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Servings 20 cm square pan
For the brownies:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
For orange cheesecake marble filling:
- 250 grams (1 pack) cream cheese
- 50 grams (3 tbsp.) soft butter
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp. orange liqueur
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 40-50 grams chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
Brownies: in a large bowl melt chocolate and butter in a microwave or over double-boiler.
Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt and beat until smooth.
Sift in flour and fold in gently with a spatula, just until blended.
Transfer the mixture into a greased and level the top.
Orange cheesecake marble filling: in a medium bowl put cheese, butter and sugar and mix into a smooth batter.
Add the eggs one at a time, stirring completely incorporated.
Add in vanilla, orange zest and liqueur and stir well until blended.
Add flour and blend just until incorporated.
Pour the cheese mixture over the brownie layer, and with a long toothpick or skewer create a marble shape.
Sprinkle over the chocolate chips.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheese mixture is set, but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature and cut into squares.
- Keep the brownies in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can freeze the brownies for a month.
- If you do not like orange - omit the orange zest and liqueur.