Hot and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies are one of the single things I just can’t resist. As soon as a tray of cookies comes out of the oven, even before the cookies begin to set completely, I always take one and eat it super-hot, when all the chocolate melts in my mouth.
This recipe is for giant chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies you bake in a pan. The result is a giant cookie you should serve hot, preferably with ice cream and hot chocolate fudge sauce. It’s the best decadent dessert for chocolate lovers.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Pan with Peanut Butter and Walnuts
- Adapted from a recipe of Damn Delicious with some changes and adjustments.
3 16cm round pans
for the cookie dough:
200 grams soft butter
50 grams smooth peanut butter
170 grams sugar
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. fine salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
240 grams all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
200 grams dark chocolate chips
100 grams walnuts or hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and slightly grease the pans.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment put butter, peanut butter, sugar, maple, salt and vanilla and whip at high speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add egg and egg yolk and continue to whip until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, chocolate and walnuts and mix just until slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Divide the dough to 3 portions and flatten into the pans.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and slightly soft in the center.
- Serve hot, with or without ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- Serve the cookies as soon as they are ready and hot. Each pan is enough for 3-4 people.
- You can use any kind of nut you like.