It’s so hot this summer, and it seems like this heat wave is not going to weaken any time soon. All I want is to sit in the air conditioner all day, make and eat frozen things. Even my regular meals change in the summer – I prefer fresh salads and less hot dishes, summer fish or tofu with vegetables rather than boiling hot dishes that are too heavy to deal with.
And, of course, this also affects the desserts I make. Mostly I like to make frozen desserts or cool ice cream cakes – just like these next ice cream cupcakes. These cupcakes are the ultimate chocolate indulgence for the summer and it is also a great activity with the children during the summer break. These ice cream cupcakes are so easy to make; individual chocolate cakes topped with ice cream scoops, chocolate and roasted coconut for decoration.
This is definitely one of my favorites summer desserts that children will crave madly. Of course, you can serve the cupcakes with any kind of ice cream that you love according to personal taste and decorate any melted chocolate and topping you like.
Ice Cream Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
200 grams of dark chocolate
150 grams of butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
150 grams sugar
80 ml. milk
3 large eggs
70 grams all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
100 grams of chocolate chips
Vanilla, chocolate or any ice cream you like
100 grams of melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl. Add butter and melt together in a microwave oven double steam pot until everything is melted and mixed.
- Add salt and sugar and whisk well until combined.
- Add milk and mix until incorporated.
- Add the eggs one after the other while mixing well between additions.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix only until combined.
- Fill the muffin pan with the batter up to ¾ of each dent height and sprinkle with chocolate chips at the top of the cupcakes.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature and remove from the pan.
Decoration and serving:
- Place the cupcakes on a serving dish.
- On each cupcake place a generous ice cream scoop.
- Garnish with melted chocolate and coconut.
- Keep the cupcakes in a closed container for up to a week. Add the ice cream just before serving.
- You can use any type of melted chocolate for decoration.
- You can use any kind of ice cream you like.
- If desired, you can also add whipped cream on top of the ice cream and chocolate.