Oatmeal cookies are an easy and sweet treat you can make in advanced and keep in a sealed box for quite a long time. These maple oatmeal cookies contain maple that adds a little sweetness and beautiful aroma and also chopped pecans that add some crunch. They and are so delicious you won’t be able to eat only one.
Maple Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 175 grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
- 20 grams (1 tbsp).maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 160 grams (1 cup + 2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1 cup) whole oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- A pinch of baking powder
- 70 grams (2/3 cup) chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 160c degrees.
In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, put butter, sugar, maple and vanilla and whip on high speed until the mixture is creamy and soft.
Add the egg and continue to blend until incorporated.
Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, and add flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chopped nuts. Blend just until dough forms.
Use an ice cream scoop or two spoons and create mounds of dough on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
Gently flatten the top of each cookie with your hands.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden and set on the edges, but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely and store in a sealed jar.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to a week.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of pecans.