I love muffins because it’s easy to make and so delicious. These orange poppy seeds muffins are packed with poppy seeds and smell divine because of the orange juice. It’s moist and makes a great sweet breakfast treat.
Orange Poppy Seeds Muffins
1 large egg
45 ml. (3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
125 ml. (1/2 cup) orange juice or water
1/2 tsp, vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
75 grams (3/4 cup) freshly ground poppy seeds
25 grams (1/4 cup) quick oats
70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
5 grams (1 tsp.) baking powder
50 grams chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin wraps.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, oil, sugar, orange juice, vanilla and salt into a smooth mixture.
- Add poppy seeds, oats, flour and baking powder and mix until uniform.
- Add nuts and fold until dispersed evenly in the batter.
- Fill the pan up to 3/4 of each muffin height.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until the muffins set and golden.
- Cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- You can freeze the muffins in a sealed bag for up to 2 weeks.
- Instead of poppy seeds you can use chopped almonds or ground coconut.