If you’re looking for the quickest, delicious and most colorful easy chocolate cake – you just found one. This chocolate cake is so easy to make, quick and absolutely yummy. It’s an all-time favorite cake in my family – so chocolatey and perfect for birthdays.
In order to make the cake you will only need a bowl and a whisk, and the frosting is simple chocolate ganache with a lot of chocolate candy and sprinkles. Kids love this cake, and is my go-to recipe for everyone’s birthday.
Quick and Easy Chocolate Cake
For the cake:
- 150 grams (1 stick + 1 tbsp.) melted butter
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 250 ml. (1 cup) heavy cream
- 180 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
For chocolate ganache:
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 125 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp. Frangelico liqueur or brandy (optional)
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl whisk melted butter, eggs, sugar, sour cream and heavy cream until blended.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa and mix together just until incorporated.
Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs on it.
Ganache: heat cream to a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate.
Wait a minute, and beat until the mixture is smooth and chocolatey.
Add the liqueur and stir.
Pour the ganache over the cake and refrigerate until set.
- Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days, but you should serve it at room temperature or warm.