These butter orange cookies are scented with vanilla and make a great treat in winter time, next to a coffee cup. It’s so easy to make and simply delicious you won’t be able to resist them!
Vanilla Orange Cookies
50-60 small cookies
100 grams soft butter
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
1/2 tsp, vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Whole orange zest
2 tbsp. orange juice
3 egg yolks
175 grams all-purpose flour
50 grams light brown sugar for topping
- In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment put butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and orange zest. Whip on high speed until mixture is smooth, frothy and very creamy.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add orange juice. Blend on medium speed until it is absorbed into the batter.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix between additions.
- Add flour and whip just until soft dough is formed.
- Cool the dough for about 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts.
- Create a tight cylinder shape from each part of the dough and put on a tray lined with baking paper. Freeze for about an hour until set.
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
- Coat the cylinders with light brown sugar.
- Cut the rolls into 1/2 cm thick cookies and arrange on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden and set.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to a week.