Recently I went into chocolate chip cookies craze, and made many kinds of chocolate chip cookies – soft, chewy, cakey, double-chocolate etc. As a tahini lover, I wanted to try and add tahini into chocolate chip cookies, and this is how these tahini chocolate chip cookies were thought of.
These tahini chocolate chip cookies are crispy, golden and even vegan, and also – they are really easy to make. They are simply delicious and you don’t even have to use a standing mixer to make them – simply combine the wet ingredients with a whisk and then add the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until soft dough is formed.
If you like chocolate and tahini together – these tahini chocolate chip cookies will become one of your favorites – guaranteed.
Vegan Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the cookie dough:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) raw tahini
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) dark brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 180 grams (1 ¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 200 grams chocolate chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Some ground sea salt for decoration optional
In a large bowl mix coconut oil, tahini, sugar, brown sugar, soy milk, vanilla and salt to a uniform mixture.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips and mix until a uniform, slightly sticky dough is obtained.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and cool for about an hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 180c degrees.
Roll small balls of dough and place them in increments on oven-lined baking pan.
Flatten the cookies a bit with your hands and sprinkle with a little salt at the top if desired.
Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until they are set at the edges and turn golden, but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely on a cooling rack and store in a sealed jar.
- Instead of tahini, you can use almond butter or peanut butter in the same amount.
- The cookies are kept in a sealed jar for up to 10 days.
- You can use regular dark chocolate chips or coarsely chop dark chocolate.
- You can use any type of plant-base milk you like: soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, rice milk etc.